26 August 2011

Sewing in a hurricane

So Hurricane Irene is supposed to hit us late tomorrow night. Or at least the edges as the last update I saw indicated. I am bound to lose power, so any sewing might be by hand.

I've been working on my "Changes for Felicity" dress. I miscalculated with the back of the bodice so it doesn't close exactly how I want. I haven't figured out how I am going to fix it, but fix it I will! Otherwise, I think it looks great.

We got our new Project Project Runway challenge:

Create a look to go with Heidi’s New Balance Sneakers. Think fashion, don’t think just gym. It could be a dress or a suit. Think classic with a twist. You have to use a fabric used in Heidi’s shoe which are denim and suede. The denim or suede does not have to be the dominate fabric, but it does have to be evident. 

 So, major product placement for Heidi's crappy fashion line. Heidi is a hack designer and her ugly shirts and pants are overpriced and don't look like they would look good on anyone. The models clomping down the runway, looking duckfooted, in her shoes was pretty funny.

But anyway, due to being somewhat housebound for the weekend (got to spend tomorrow battening down the hatches), my fabrics are going to be limited to what I have on hand. I have some maroonish suede that I might use but mostly I am going to stick with denim.

No comments:

Post a Comment